SEO comes with a lot of baggage, and all that information could fry your brain circuit. That’s why we’ve packed up everything there is to know when it comes to technical SEO and pinpointing the right team of experts to hire.
We want our readers to reduce their problems after all, and not multiply them.
This article will go through and examine the fundamental definition of technical SEO, its benefits, and a thorough checklist on what you should look out for before hiring a service!
On that note, for those who have businesses and websites that need an upgrade, Develux is a marketing firm that can solve all of your SEO issues and more.
If you’re looking for a technical SEO agency that can deliver data-driven results through a client-based and personalized approach, then you don’t have to look further than that link.
Moving on, here is the article:
Technical SEO: Definition & Benefits
What is technical SEO? In a world where almost 50% of search engine users come from mobile devices, it’s more important than ever to have an optimized website.
Technical SEO involves optimizing a website for different technologies and platforms so that it ranks higher on SERPs (search engines results pages).
It refers to improving the technical factors that make up a website. For example, a technically SEO’d page is fast, easy to crawl, and easy to understand for search engines.
Essentially, it’s also a part of on-page SEO, because the gist of it is that a website’s elements need to be improved to get a higher ranking.
Google and other engines rank websites higher and better on their search results if a site has certain technical elements: a secure connection, a fast loading time, good UI/UX design just to name a few.
And all of these elements work together so that a site performs great, and for them to work great, well that’s where the whole technical SEO thing comes in.
What are the benefits of a well-optimized website?
Well, if businesses and individuals took the time to patch up their website’s technical infrastructure, they’d get a page that:
- Loads fast
- Functions properly and is easy to use across various technological platforms (e.g. mobile devices, tablets, and computers)
- The content is optimized
- The website is user-friendly
- The appearance of the website is pleasing
The right SEO services company would be able to deliver such results.
What Is A Technical SEO Agency
An SEO services agency that provides help with technical SEO improves the technical side of a client’s website. It’s pretty self-explanatory.
Their tasks might include:
- Creating an XML sitemap
- Making a page mobile-friendly
- Using SSL
- Improving web page speed and responsiveness
- Removing dead links
- Removing duplicate content
These agencies can offer a lot to the company/individual they work for.
As experts in digital marketing, these specialists have experience with everything from keyword research, content development, on-page optimization strategies, and technical expertise.
A good one will generate an ROI for any client
Choosing The Right Agency
Getting a firm understanding of what technical SEO is, what benefits it brings, and a basic understanding of the agencies that improve it is crucial to do beforehand.
That’s why we’ve laid it all out in the pointers above.
Now, we can go through a checklist of attributes that the right agency should possess. Take a look:
- Versatile and capable of handling almost all aspects of SEO: Even if a client is only looking to improve the technicalities of their website, the right agency will have a diverse array of employees who can be called out at any given moment. This can include a team of strategists, tech pros, content writers, designers.
- Transparency in communication: This one is a crucial pointer to look out for before hiring a team of experts. There are many SEO companies out there, and many of them promise lofty results. Clients should look for companies that are transparent in communication, consistent in communication, and are honest and realistic about the campaign and the results.
- They can provide these: SEO audits, monthly reports, CRO audits, technical on-site audits, links, backlink audits
- Accurate: The right services company should be tracking the right metrics.
- Deploy White Hat tactics: Ask your agency about the SEO tactics they’ll be using. If they don’t provide you with a transparent answer (or if they avoid answering altogether) they might be deploying Black Hat tactics. This can lead your website to some unwanted consequences. Do some cursory research about the difference between the two strategies, it’s easy to find this info.
- Can fix backend issues: The hired team of specialists should be able to identify if a website is using HTTPS instead of HTTP. A page is more secure when running on HTTPS, and it also improves search result rankings.
- Fix Crawl Errors: The agency should be able to fix crawl issues. If a page is having crawl errors, it means that search engines can’t find your website. In turn, the content on that website can’t be indexed. This is a major issue that any SEO company should identify immediately and fix right away. If they can’t handle this type of problem, forget about hiring them.
- They can increase/improve a website’s speed: As stated before, better rankings mean a page needs to be fast in loading.
- They can fix broken links: If a page has broken links, it ruins the user experience and can potentially decrease the average time a user spends on a site. The right hired team should regularly maintain the links on your page. If they’re broken, it’s up to them to fix it.
- They use SEO-friendly URLs: The right agency will optimize everything including URLs. They should be able to shorten a website’s URL, which will make it easier for users to access a client’s content. It’s another backend responsibility that agencies should deliver.
- They have good reviews and are recommended: Last but not least, a good agency should have good reviews from their past clients. To accurately measure this, it’s better not to look at reviews from the agency’s site itself, but from third-party review platforms. You want to make sure that the reviews are genuine and were not made up by the company itself.
Clients can also directly communicate with past clients to have personal insight on how it is to work with them! This is completely free, and it’s the best way to get a third-person opinion.
This checklist should help any business/individual assess if a technical SEO agency is the right fit, or if they’re fraudulent and should be avoided.
Reasons To Hire Professionals
While learning the ins and outs of something new is completely possible to do with the internet, it takes time, effort, and resources that are essentially being taken away from focusing on your business endeavor.
This is the first and strongest reason why outsourcing can be a key move.
Some other reasons include:
- Outside experts know how to deploy pro-strategies.
- SEO tactics have been proven to generate revenue and increase ROI.
- For anyone who wants to attract a target audience, you will need to create a high-quality product description, create quality content, provide aesthetic content, use searchable keywords, post regularly on social media, and regulate the technical aspects of your website. All of this just to rank better on search results. That’s a lot to take in!
- Online growth will be quicker and fewer risks need to be taken, at least on the strategic side of things.
- Experienced SEO agencies know how to polish a website’s appearance to the T.. Bad visual content can result in a decrease in traffic score, and not knowing what to put on the website can result in slowing down a page’s speed.
The best SEO strategy begins with having the right team. The last hurdle to clear before planning your technical SEO strategy is getting all of the tools together.
A good agency will have its very own list of sources for you.
The right team covers all aspects of technical optimization, from keyword research to web design to content marketing.
Since the article is quite long, we’ve provided a summary of the main points of this article.
The key takeaways of choosing the right agency are;
- The agency is versatile and capable of fixing any errors on the website. They have a dedicated team of specialists that can handle the technical aspects of a website but also any other aspect of SEO that needs to be dealt with.
- They are transparent in communication. They do not promise results that they cannot deliver and they work with a realistic goal in mind.
- They don’t use black hat SEO tactics. They understand that this could potentially harm a client’s website.
- They can identify common issues in SCO and can provide common solutions.
- They have good reviews and they are recommended by past clients.
We hope this article will help all our readers with any inquiries they might have. Happy hunting!