Let’s not waste time and dig in to discuss 7 amazing ways to crush your YouTube performance.
Optimise your channel
- Trailer video: It represents your entire channel and helps you bag more subscribers. Hence, make sure your trailer video provides a clear message and stick to a time frame of 90 seconds.
- Channel photo: Use high-quality headshots if you’re a personal brand and custom logos if you’re a company.
- Channel Art: Create an easy-to-understand channel art that contrasts with YouTubes theme and try to provide a coherent message with a compelling tagline.
- Channel Description: Sprinkle your target keywords throughout the description, especially in the beginning, and include CTA’s encouraging people to watch.
Optimise your videos
- Titles: Include your target keyword in the beginning and maintain a character number of 50 or less.
- Descriptions: Mention your main keywords in the first few lines, then elaborate the video and finally add links to related videos.
- Thumbnails: Create custom thumbnails that contrast with YouTubes theme.
- Tags: Tags the main keywords first and then processed with related terms.
- Watermark: Create a clickable watermark to help the audience subscribe easily.
Increase watch time
- Playlists: Playlists are like web series. The more you watch, the more addictive they become. For instance, if you want to learn about “YouTube SEO” and watch a video titled “#1 YouTube SEO: Titles and Tags” then find another video titled “#2 YouTube SEO: Descriptions and Thumbnails”. Naturally, you’ll click on the second video after watching the first. And just like this, you might end up watching the entire playlist of 40 videos.
- End screens: Dedicate the last 10-12 seconds of your video to suggest related videos and your best work. This’ll hook the viewers after they’ve watched a video.
- Cards: Cards can appear anytime during a video. You can use them as pop-up suggestions to direct viewers to another video. A good practice is put the cards at the low audience retention points.
- Suggested videos: You must have noticed a queue of videos in the right section of the desktop and below the playing video on a phone. YouTube autoplays these videos. Hence, if you appear in this area, you can increase your watch time. Some good practices are:
- Create playlists with related videos.
- Steal the views of popular channels by using their tags.
Urge your audience
Your fans are always looking out for you. They love your content and appreciate your efforts to help them. Hence, ask them to share, like, and comment on your videos. You can also urge new viewers to subscribe by simply asking them.
Like Reply Heart
People love when channels engage with them. You can do this by replying to every comment and liking them. YouTube also provides the option to “Heart” the best comments. This’ll send a notification encouraging people to engage more.
- Q & A’s: Ask your fans to post questions in the comments section, then discuss the solutions in separate videos.
- Contests and Giveaways: Partner up with brands and giveaway products by hosting contests. This’ll encourage people to interact with your content.
- YouTube Live: Use the live feature to make real-time conversations with your fans.
- With YouTubers: Build relations with fellow YouTubers by engaging with their content. Then, host interviews and feature them in your videos to create interesting content. You can also have yourself featured in their videos to generate channel awareness.
- With brands: Once you’ve a powerful presence, reach out to brands in your niche. You can help them promote their products and create brand awareness by forming partnerships with them.
Promote your channel
Your promotion efforts can make or break your YouTube performance.
Once you’re done with the video, promote it with all you’ve got. Here are some channels you can use:
- Blog posts: What if someone ends up reading your blog and likes it? Wouldn’t it make sense that person might as well like your video content? You can use this opportunity to attract more viewers by embedding your YouTube videos in your blog posts.
- Social media: Use your social handles to promote your videos after you’ve uploaded them.
- Niche references: Take part in conversations around your topic and share your links. Use sites like Quora and Facebook groups for promotion.
Follow these 7 ways to crush your YouTube performance. There’re several boxes you need to check before expecting results. Make sure your content provides value and promote like crazy.
Latest posts by Jonathon Spire (see all)
- HelpWYZ Review 2023 – Is HelpWYZ a Scam? - June 3, 2023
- TokMatik Review 2023 – Is It a Scam? - June 3, 2023
- Insta Promoter Review 2023 – Is it a Scam? - June 3, 2023