In case you didn’t already know, Instagram is a huge deal. This social media platform boasts 800 million plus users and is widely used to promote brands to prospective buyers.
The diversity of content creators across this platform plays a major role in its ability to connect brands with consumers like you have never seen before.
Regardless of your industry, there are always people to partner with on Instagram. Instagram is experiencing a rise in micro-influencers (users with fewer than 10,000 followers), therefore influencer marketing can be efficient and effective without being expensive.
If you’re new to influencer marketing on Instagram, this post will help you get started. We will discuss how to find Instagram influencers, how to pitch or approach them, and how you can operate a profitable influencer marketing campaign of your own.
What are Influencers?
Let’s start by defining influencers.
Basically, influencers are individuals with extensive audiences who have the clout to encourage fans, customers, subscribers, and followers to learn more about a product or service and to purchase that product or service.
What is Influencer Marketing?
Because of the nature of influencers, Influencer marketing is a type of marketing where you pinpoint key individuals who can influence your potential buyers. The influencer’s audience seeks out what influencers offer through trends, tips, and reviews related to a given product or service.
Note: Did you know that currently, Influencer marketing is valued at about $10 to $15 million. That’s because it works. Now that you know that, how can you get in on that boom?
3 Steps to Effective Influencer Marketing
#1 Define Your KPIs and Goals
It’s common for each person to have different objectives with what they intend to achieve via influencer marketing. Here are a few KPIs.
- Raise Brand Awareness: Social sharing, reach, brand search volume, direct website traffic, earned media, brand mentions.
- Reach Out to New Market Sectors: Reach, purchasing your services or products, visiting your site, the volume of users outside your regular audience personas that engage with your content, etc.
- Boosting Sales: Sold services or products, volume of sales qualified leads (SQLs).
Once you know your objectives, it’s time to look at influencers.
#2 Find Relevant Influencers
Start by finding the ideal influencers in your industry. These influencers must have a good reputation within your specific industry or niche.
Tips for finding your ideal influencers:
- Consider their niche. What topics do they discuss?
- Consider their reach. Are they a top-tier influencer?
- Consider their voice. Are they fun and friendly or professional and serious?
- Consider their engagement rate: Do they have enough engagement that you can maintain?
Today’s technology and advanced influencer marketing platform make is easier, faster, and more efficient to find relevant influencers. One way to do that is to enlist the services of SocialSteeze, where real followers mean real growth from real people. They let you target your audience.
#3 Define Your Collaboration Strategy
After you decide which influencers you choose to work with, you need to discuss how you plan to collaborate with them so that your campaign flows smoothly for you and your influencers.
Here are some factors to discuss with your influencers before partnering with them.
- Content Production: Create an agreement about what you expect them to produce for your campaign. Do you want photos, videos, articles, blog posts, etc. Do you want the content to be your backstory (public relations related) or do you want them to promote your products via Instagram stories, videos, etc.
- Campaign Deadline: Create an agreed-upon deadline and timeframe for the campaign.
- Content Usage Rights: If you expect to repurpose their content, you must first get a form from them with full usage content rights, allowing the influencer to retain ownership of their content.
- Compensation: Will you pay them per post or a flat fee for the whole campaign? Or maybe you prefer to pay for performance.
- The FTC: Make sure you have a good understanding of the FTC regulations for sponsored social media content and share that information with the influencers.
The Benefits of Influencer Marketing
- Impact – Brand influencers are powerful allies with consumers. Influencers with excellent reputations have proven themselves to be reliable and dedicated resources for helping consumers find the best products and services with the best value. It’s what they do.
- ROI – The return on investment factor is a huge benefit whether you’re a huge corporation or a small business. Top marketers advise using influencers because they have experienced a boost in their revenue through high-quality influencers.
- Generational Influence – If you’re not in touch with millennials and Gen Z consumers, influencers can help with that. They are in touch with young consumers.
- Trendy – If it’s trendy, then an influencer has had a hand in creating that trend. They are trendsetters. Their followers often idolize their opinions.
- Authenticity – Large influencers are very selective when they choose brand to work with, so by using them adds authenticity to your brand.
- Shareability – Influencers are experts at creating content that their fans and followers love. Influencer marketing campaigns commonly reach highly viral content that most conventional advertising cannot.
- Customization – You can customize your influencer campaign to suit your budget, number of influencers, types of influencers, post frequency, scheduling, KPIs, and various other variables.
- Long-Term Relationships – If your product or service is something the influencer stakes their reputation on, then you have a lifetime partner in marketing.
Overall, influencer marketing expands your reach and visibility across Instagram regardless of what industry or niche you promote. Brand influencers with the best reputations that are also experts in your niche make great partners.
Reaching out to influencers is a bit of a challenge. However, you may be able to get the edge with SocialSteeze.
SocialSteeze offers a full spectrum of influencers across industries and niches including, but not limited to:
- Online Retail
SocialSteeze is known to increase your Instagram following according to your custom targets via hashtags, locations, usernames, and even blacklisting.